Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dive found in Columbia, SC

The Whig
1200 Main Street
Columbia, SC 29201

I am quite sure The Whig is not the only dive located in Columbia, but it was the only one my friends had a chance to visit during their brief trip there a few weeks ago. One of them owns two dive bars here in Gso, so I trust his judgement. The place is described as having a dark atmosphere where students and starving artists hang out. It's your frugal destination. Drink and food specials every day and they are good ones too. $2 Burger Mondays, $.50 Taco Tuesdays, $1 pizza from 4-7 daily, etc. My friend said it was such a dive he was a bit afraid to eat there. That's music to my ears! A dive ain't a REAL dive unless you'd be a little afraid to eat there. :-) I also hear they have a kick ass juke box! So if you are in the area, stop on by.

Special thanks to Jason and Liz!

No comments:

Post a Comment